Last week I did get an award at the Honors Convocation. I got the American Bible Society award for the highest Bible academics out of everyone in my class. It was rather unexpected and I'm quite proud of myself. My first presentation went really well and I know that my presentation tomorrow will go equally well.
I celebrated my 21st birthday on Friday and it was the best birthday so far. We went to a fondu restaurant for dinner and had an amazing time (it was Mr. C's first time). I got lots of clothes and shoes from my parents. Mostly flipflops and summer stuff. I ruined a lot of stuff last summer because of my bad bout with kool-aid and I finally needed to retire my jean flipflops. From Mr. C I got all three Ocean movies (11, 12, 13), Apples to Apples, and terra cotta pots for my herbs. From Holly I got the cutest magarita class that she painted and a cute necklace that says "faith" and has a cross (for graduation). Dear 'ole brother got me two books I really wanted, The Cost of Discipleship and Mere Christianity. Holly and I did have a few drinks and we played Rockband.
Tonight we're going out to celebrate at Applebee's to really celebrate!! I am celebrating finishing my 15 page paper this afternoon (only took 4 hours in the library!)
I picked up extra hours in the bookstore on Thursday in Friday to give me something to do. Friday I am painting my pots wth chalkboard paint that way I can reuse the pots in the future. I also have a new obsession with my new shampoo. It is Herbal Essence's moisture shampoo (in the blue bottle). It seriously smells delicious and it makes my hair so soft.
I should have time to update photos from my birthday later on this week.
God bless,
-Ashley
1 comment:
i've had so much fun celebrating over the past few days :) i can't believ you're really graduating! we have to plan day-trips to see each other next year for sure!
<3 holly
Post a Comment